Saturday, February 19, 2011

Honey Balsamic Green Beans

I was never a big fan of green beans but I got a bag of organic green beans from a friend so I had to come up with some way to make them tasty. I opened up my pantry and found honey and balsamic that I could use to make a sauce to cook the green beans in. The green beans ended up tasting very good and I would recommend you to try this recipe if you’re a green bean first timer, or just don't like green beans.


Ingredients
* 16 ounces green beans
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* Salt and freshly cracked black pepper

Directions

1) Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans and blanch them for 2 minutes. Immediately remove the beans from the water and add them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain.

2) In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and green beans. Cover, and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover, then stir in the vinegar, honey, onion powder, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook to desired degree of doneness, about 4 to 6 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment