Thursday, August 12, 2010

Korean spicy pastured chicken

One of my college roommates always used Gochujang to make Korean style spicy dishes. Gochujang is a fermented hot pepper paste. This dish is very easy to make and it only took me around 35mins. This week, I got a whole pastured chicken from my friend CC, so I am using a whole chicken in this recipe.




Ingredients
* 1 (3 pounds) Whole chicken, portioned
* 3 tablespoon Gochujang
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup water
* 4 medium potatoes
* 1 onion

Preparation
1) Heat a large non-stick skillet in medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet, cook chicken for 3 mins or until brown. In a small bowl, mix gochujang, soy sauce, sugar, garlic and water. Set aside.

2) Add potatoes and onion to skillet, cook for 5 minutes, and add sauce. Stir well. Put lid on skillet and turn heat to medium. Let it cook for another 20 minutes. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment