Monday, August 9, 2010

Seared Ahi Tuna with Ginger Sauce

The grocery store had fresh wild caught Ahi tuna on sale this week, so I bought a piece to share with Mr. S. Mr.S and I are seafood people. I usually try to include fish in our diet at least once a week. My favorite Ahi tuna dishes are Ahi Tuna poke or seared Ahi Tuna. This time, I chose to make the seared Ahi tuna with a cooked sauce.



Ingredients
* 1 piece Ahi Tuna
* 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
* 1 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon garlic
* 1 tablespoon water

Preparation
1) Heat a non-stick medium size skillet in high heat. Sear Ahi tuna on both sides for around 2 minutes. Slice Ahi tuna then set aside.

2) Turn the heat down to medium, add the rest of the ingredients to the skillet. Cook for 1 minute and pour sauce on top of tuna.

No comments:

Post a Comment