Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Kale and White Bean Soup


Since I was young I have never liked the legumes family. This year I have been telling myself that I am going to reintroduce myself to them and make them into some delicious meals.

A couple of months ago, I tried a white bean soup at Mobile Chow down and I really liked it. So when I saw organic white beans on sale, I got a couple of cans but haven't used them. Since I have some vegetables from the farm share that fit with this recipe, I created this meal that only took me 20 minutes with all the fresh ingredients.

Ingredients
1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup diced yellow onion
2 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
3 cups of chicken Broth
2 cups of water
4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch of carrots, peeled and sliced
4 cups packed chopped kale
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed

Directions
1) In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
2) Add broth, water, tomatoes and carrots then cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add kale and white beans and cook until tender. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment