Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mr. S Birthday Feast -- Braised Lamb Chop

Since I was young I have never liked lamb. I am not sure if it was because the lamb didn’t taste good or if it was because I was very picky. The first time I made lamb was last year before our trip to Egypt and Jordon. I wanted to get used to the taste of lamb before the trip so I wouldn’t be surprised by the flavor. After a couple of attempts at home, I think the most important thing is to have fresh lamb meat. Lamb is very easy to cook. The cooking time is less than other meat and it tasted very good without a lot of seasoning. Since this is a special occasion, I made 2 different kinds of lamb dishes for Mr. S’s birthday.


Ingredients
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 lemon, zested (about 1/2 teaspoon)
*1 lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
*2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
*2 tablespoons minced garlic
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed of all visible fat

Directions
1) In a small bowl stir together the first 7 ingredients. Put the lamb chops in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Move the chops around in the bag so the marinade coats them well. Marinate for 1 hour.
2) Broil the chops for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment