Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mr. S Birthday Feast -- Bread Pudding

I had only 3 hours to make the Mr. S’s birthday feast so I decided to use the slow cooker that I got during Christmas to make bread pudding. I think this recipe doesn’t taste as good as the baking version of bread pudding that I made before, but it is easy to make.


Ingredients
*8 fresh farm eggs, beaten
*4 cups milk
*2/3 cup sugar
*1 teaspoon cinnamon
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*6 cups dry French bread cubes
*2/3 cup raisins

Sauce
For the sauce:
*1 cup granulated sugar
*1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
*1 egg, beaten
*½ cup milk
*2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
*1/4 cup rum

Directions
1) In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Place the dry bread cubes and raisins in the slow cooker. Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Cover; cook on High for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
2) Whisk all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Pour sauce on cooked bread pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment